To participate in the Eco-Schools programme you must first become a member of Foundation for Environmental Education.
The Eco-Schools programme is operated under the auspices of the Foundation for Environmental Education and is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark. Eco-Schools is about helping to make every school sustainable, and engendering behaviour change in young people and those connected to them so that good habits learned in schools are followed through into homes and communities. What’s more, by addressing environmental issues and reducing waste, schools and communities will save money, which can be reinvested elsewhere.
How to join the Eco-Schools network
- If you are a school located in a FEE member country that runs the Eco-Schools programme, contact our member directly to find out how to sign up. Find the Eco-Schools National Offices here.
- If you are a school located in a country where FEE is not represented, you can only join the network if you are an International School. See eligibility criteria and registration form here.
- If you are an organisation in a country where FEE is not represented and should you fulfill the eligibility criteria, you can apply for FEE membership (see link below) and start running the Eco-Schools programme in your country.
- If you are an organisation in a country where FEE is represented, please contact the FEE member in your country to explore possibilities for collaboration under a FEE affiliate membership. Find the FEE members list here.
The advantages of the Eco-Schools programme are many and varied: from the primary objectives of environmental protection and education for sustainable development, to the rewards such accreditation brings in the form of more awareness and a higher level of environmental responsibility among the participants and those they influence in their community.
Some of the benefits include:
- A chance to become part of the largest and best run Eco-Schools networks in the world, engaging more than 15 million students in over 60 countries
- Access to education manuals, developing online tools, and content
- An opportunity to educate and empower tomorrow’s leaders – young people in your country
- Developing a responsible attitude and commitment among students
FIND YOUR LOCAL eco schools PARTNER
Find out if your country already runs Eco Schools: simply search on the map below and contact your local FEE member to get involved straight away. If your country does not have a representative for the Foundation for Environmental Education and its programmes yet, perhaps you could be the one to join the ranks of our world-renowned organisation. Please see our Becoming a Member section on the FEE website for more information.